APPLIANCE STORES NASHVILLE TN : SCRATCH AND DENT APPLIANCES IN WV.
Appliance Stores Nashville Tn
- The Tennessee Titans announced that they have agreed to terms with the following undrafted free-agents:
- Guitar or Music City
- Nashville is the capital of the U.S. state of Tennessee and the county seat of Davidson County. It is located on the Cumberland River in Davidson County, in the north-central part of the state.
- durable goods for home or office use
- A device or piece of equipment designed to perform a specific task, typically a domestic one
- a device or control that is very useful for a particular job
- The action or process of bringing something into operation
- The act of applying; application; An implement, an instrument or apparatus designed (or at least used) as a means to a specific end (often specified); Specifically: A non-manual apparatus or device, powered electrically or by another small motor, used in homes to perform domestic functions (
- An apparatus fitted by a surgeon or a dentist for corrective or therapeutic purpose
- (store) keep or lay aside for future use; “store grain for the winter”; “The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn’t eat”
- (store) a supply of something available for future use; “he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars”
- A quantity or supply of something kept for use as needed
- (store) shop: a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services; “he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod”
- A retail establishment selling items to the public
Athena — The Parthenon Nashville (TN) July 2011
She is the virgin patron of Athens, where the Athenians built the Parthenon on the Acropolis in her honor.
A modern replica of the goddess Athena by Alan LeQuire stands in the reproduction of the Parthenon in Centennial Park in Nashville (TN).
LeQuire, a Nashville native, was awarded the commission to produce the Parthenon’s cult statue. His work was modeled on descriptions given of the original. The modern version took eight years to complete, and was unveiled to the public in May 1990.
This modern version of Athena is significant because of its scale and its attention to recreating the original work. The statue adds an additional dimension of realism to the replicated Parthenon, whose interior east room (the naos) was merely a large empty hall prior to the statue’s unveiling. The reproduced Athena gives visitors the impression that they truly are inside an ancient place of worship.
The Nashville Athena is made of a composite of gypsum cement and ground fiberglass. The head of Athena was assembled over an aluminum armature, and the lower part was made in steel. The four ten-inch H beams rest on a concrete structure that extends through the Parthenon floor and basement down to bedrock, to support the great weight of the statue. LeQuire made each of the 180 cast gypsum panels used to create the statue light enough to be lifted by one person and attached to the steel armature.
Nashville’s Athena stands 41 ft. 10 in. tall, reportedly making her the largest piece of indoor sculpture in the Western World.
The statue of Nike in Athena’s right hand stands 6 ft 4 in tall.
There are eleven snakes represented on Athena’s breastplate, bracelets, and belt.
Image by Ron Cogswell on July 14, 2011, using a held-held Nikon D80 and minor Photoshop effects.
John Mellencamp at the Ryman (Soundcheck – Nashville, TN 11-3-2010)
Soundcheck / Documentary